WHAT IS A DTS?
God is raising up a generation of men and women who have a burning passion for Jesus– a passion that compels them to share His love with all the world.
A Discipleship Training School (DTS) is an intensive course with a three-month training phase and a two-month outreach phase. You have an opportunity to discover your passions and your part in God’s purposes for the world. DTS is for those who long to follow Jesus in new ways with a new perspective.
It is the gateway course to join YWAM and continue with the University of the Nations. Or it fits perfectly in a gap year between study and work.
The purpose of the DTS is:
“To send out thousands of young men and women whose reference points are the Word and Will of God, who has Christ’s love for all peoples, and the skills and passion needed to win people to Jesus and to disciple nations, in His ways.”
– Darlene Cunningham (YWAM’s co-founder)
During the Training Phase in Tauranga, New Zealand, you have the incredible opportunity to:
- Grow deeper in relationship with God
- Develop a meaningful and sustainable prayer life
- Discover your God-given identity and destiny
- Join in prayer and worship with the Prayer Room
- Form life-long and lasting friendships
- Share the gospel confidently
During your two-month Outreach Phase:
- You will impact the nations for Christ from the place of inward transformation and intimacy
- We are committed to reaching the lost, caring for the poor, and loving the one in front of us
- Our short-term outreaches serve alongside long-term workers and existing ministries.
You will have an unforgettable adventure as you know God and make Him known.