Become the leader you were created to be.
Do you know that God has called you to serve and lead others, but aren’t sure where to start?
This course is designed to raise up leaders in their character, skill sets, and vision to prepare them to serve in the various areas of ministry at YWAM Furnace NZ and wherever the Lord leads. There are two parts to the Leaders Internship: the training phase and the application phase.
*Completion of a DTS is a prerequisite
The three-month Training Phase will be a time of growing in healthy foundations for leadership.
You will be:
- Trained in the culture and values of YWAM and YFNZ
- Encouraged to develop a personal vision
- Receive key leadership teachings
- Discover how to lead out of your strengths
You will be coached through topics such as:
- Raising personal support for long-term ministry
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Project planning
- Leading others in prayer
- Sharing the gospel
- Practical service in our community and in the nations
During the Training Phase, we will discuss and evaluate together the next best step for you. You are invited to apply to continue serving and leading in our community for the nine-month Application Phase.
The nine-month Application Phase is a time to practically apply all that you have learned during the Training Phase.
During the Application Phase, you will have the opportunity to:
- Serve in the various ministries of YFNZ.
- Lead students that come for a Discipleship Training School (including outreach).
- Take on new responsibilities and projects in the community.
- Continue to be poured into by our Leaders Internship team.
*This course is also known as the School of Ministry Development.